Name of Group Game: Quarter in Milk Carton
Medium Group (10 - 19 people)
Large Group (20 + people)
Age: Elementary School
Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Summary: Drop the quarter in the milk carton- it's harder than it seems!
Goal: Drop your quarter in the milk carton.
- 50 Pennies, 20 quarters
- 5 1-gallon plastic milk cartons
- 5 Chairs with backs
How to Play Quarter in Milk Carton Game:
1. Split everyone up into teams of 5 (depending on the size of the group). Line up the chairs in a row, placing the milk cartons behind each chair. Give each team 10 pennies and 4 quarters. Ask a person from each team to come up.
2. Each person has to put their knees on the chairs (facing the back of the chairs) and tries to drop as many quarters and pennies into their milk cartons as possible within a minute. People cannot drop the coins below the height of the chairs’ backs.
3. Each penny dropped in the milk carton is worth one point, while each quarter dropped into the carton is worth three points.
4. After one minute, count the number of points in each carton and record the number of points that each team has. Empty the cartons.
5. Ask for another person from the team to come up and do the same thing (repeat steps 2 – 4 until everyone has gone). The team with the most points wins the game.
To add this game to your website or blog, simply copy and paste the following URL:
You May Also Enjoy:
Charades - The Number Game - Sticks and Spoons