Summary: Teach children how to make an origami boat- and then race them.
Goal: See whose origami boats can reach the end the quickest.
– Blank pieces of standard printer paper
– Straws (a straw per person)
– Large plastic tub filled with water
How to Play the Origami Boat Race:
1. Hand everyone a piece of paper. Teach everyone how to fold an origami boat (instructions can be found here).
2. After everyone folds their paper boats, have them name and decorate their boats.
3. Have two volunteers to race their boats. Place both boats on one side of the tub. When you say “go”, have them use the straw to blow their boats to the other side of the tub.
4. Have two new volunteers race their boats. and repeat step 4. Have the first round winners race each other’s boats, and repeat until you have one final winner.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://www.greatgroupgames.com/origami-boat-race.htm