Summary: Fun indoor icebreaker game for children to adults! Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
Goal: Collect as many pieces of paper as possible within 45 seconds!
– Chairs (one chair per person) arranged in a circle
– Paper and pens
– Hat or bag to collect the pieces of paper
– Timer or watch
How to Play Salad Bowl:
1. Have everyone sit in a chair, arranged in a circle facing inwards. Distribute the pieces of paper and pens, one per person. Ask each person to write their names on a piece of paper and place each piece of paper inside the hat or bag. Then, ask one volunteer to be in the middle of the circle.
2. Explain the rules: The person in the middle takes a piece of paper from the hat or bag. The volunteer describes the person listed on the paper as quickly and thoroughly as possible, while the people sitting in the chairs attempt to guess who is listed on the paper. The volunteer cannot use letters, “sounds like”, or hand gestures in the game and must be polite.
3. Once someone correctly guesses the person listed, then the person in the middle of the circle draws another piece of paper and the process continues. The person in the middle has 45 seconds to collect as many pieces of paper as possible.
4. When time runs out, the person sitting to the right of the volunteer will be the next person to be in the middle of the circle. The person that collects the most pieces of paper wins the game.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://www.greatgroupgames.com/salad-bowl