Name of Group Game: Snake in the Grass
Indoor (soft carpeted area)
Medium Group (10 – 19 people)
Age: Elementary School
Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Summary: Avoid the snakes or become one of them! To be played in a soft carpeted area.
Goal: To be the last person in the game (left untagged).
– Everyone needs to take off their shoes.
– Set boundaries for the carpeted area.
How to Play Snake in the Grass:
1. Pick two volunteers. These volunteers will be the “snakes” for the game. The “snakes” have to get on their hands and knees. Explain the rules.
2. “Snakes” can only crawl with their hands and knees. The purpose of the game is to not be tagged by the “snakes”. If a “snakes” tag someone, the person becomes a “snake”. Everyone can only run on within the carpeted area boundaries. If someone runs out of the boundaries, they automatically become “snakes”.
3. To start the game, everyone else needs to use one finger to touch the “snakes”. Once you say “Snake In the Grass”, the game begins and everyone can run around. The last person standing wins the game.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://www.greatgroupgames.com/snake-in-the-grass