Summary: Funny icebreaker game, especially for larger groups. Easy to learn and play, with little preparation.
Goal: To have the player at the end of the line do best imitation of the original action.
– Print the list of actions below and plan what your actions will be
– You’ll be the moderator and judge
How to Play the Telephone Charades Game:
1. Split everyone into teams of five or more (can have teams of up to 10 people each). Ask each team to stand in a line.
2. Explain the game: You (the moderator) will be showing an action scene to the person at the front of the line, with no words or sounds. Everyone else will have their backs turned to you, except for the person at the front.
3. Once the person understands the action scene as best as he/she can, he or she taps the shoulder of the next person in line. The next person turns around, and the person imitates your action scene to that person, with no words or sounds. Once he or she understands and remembers the action scene, he or she taps the shoulder of the next person, and so forth. An action scene can be continually repeated until the person understands the action scene.
4. The last person in the line is eventually reached. You will judge who has the most accurate action scene to what you did originally. The team with the most accurate action scene will get one point. The team with the most points wins the game.
List of Actions:
1. Go fishing in a boat, catch a fish, and fry it
2. Walk to the refrigerator, get bread, ham, and mayo, and make a sandwich
3. Drive through a fast food restaurant, order a large burger, fries and soda, get your food and drive away.
4. Turn on a television, watch a football game, eat popcorn, and cheer for a team’s touchdown
5. Jump out of a ski lift, ski down a mountain, go into a lodge and drink hot chocolate
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://www.greatgroupgames.com/telephone-charades