Summary: Fool other teams into choosing your team’s definition.
Goal: Get the most points by choosing the correct definition or fooling the other team into choosing your definition.
– You’ll need a pen/paper for each group
– Download and print aoubt 4 to 7 team worksheets. Print out the key worksheet for yourself.
How to Play The Dictionary Game:
1. Split everyone into groups of 3. Pass out the worksheets (one per team). Each team will need to create definitions for each word. The object is to create the most dictionary-sounding definition, even if you don’t know what the word means. After about five or six minutes, collect all of the worksheets.
2. Read the first word aloud. Read all of the team’s definition for the word, including the correct word definition. Each team has to choose which definition they believe is correct.
3. If the team picks the right definition, they get 1 point. If a team’s definition gets chosen by other teams, the team with the definition will get 2 points for every team they fool. Continue with the rest of the words. The team with the most points wins the game.
To add this game to your website or blog, just copy and paste the following URL: https://www.greatgroupgames.com/the-dictionary-game.htm